Developing an ultrasound program for undergraduate medical education
We had a great session on developing an ultrasound program for undergraduate medical education. The panel included Dave Bahner, Dave Amponsah, John Pellerito, and Chris Fox.
Topics covered included getting started, building support, working with the dean, curriculum development, competency assessments, and barriers and pitfalls. We also talked about the role of the US Interest Group and reviewed many helpful resources. We are planning a follow up session this spring to get more in depth into specific areas. Be sure to sign up for our mailing list to stay notified.
- The State of Ultrasound Education in U.S. Medical Schools: Results of a National Survey
- The Ultrasound Challenge 2.0: Introducing Interinstitutional Competition in Medical Student Ultrasound Education
- Integration of Gross Anatomy in An Organ System-Based Medical Curriculum: Strategies and Challenges
- Ultrasound Interest Group: A Novel Method of Expanding Ultrasound Education in Medical School
- AIUM Medical Student Toolkit
- AIUM National Medical Student Interest Group